The MPesa PrePay Visa card is finally here and is billed to fill the gap majority of Kenyans have been having shopping or doing online transactions. The MPesa Prepay Visa card besides being used to make purchases at over 28 million VISA branded shops globally, the card can also be used to withdraw cash from over 1.6 million Visa branded ATMs worldwide.
You will need to pre-load your MPesa Prepay Visa card with funds in Kenya shillings and this can be done via MPesa. Residual balances in the card can be refunded at any I&M Bank outlet.
The MPesa Prepay Visa Card can be purchased at any Safaricom outlet or any I&M bank branch countrywide.
To get the Safaricom MPesa Prepay Visa card, all you need to do is visit any Safaricom outlet with your National Identity Card/Passport and you will be guided through the application process.
On purchase of the card, you will need to activate it by loading it with any desired amount via Mpesa paybill 541 541.
To reload your MPesa Prepay Visa card, go to your MPesa menu;
- Select ‘Pay Bill’ from your MPesa menu
- Enter the MPesa Prepay business Number’ 541 541
- Enter the Account Number. For account number use the 16 digit number of the M-Pesa Visa Pre-pay card
- Enter the amount you wish to load (between Ksh100 – Ksh35,000)
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN and Confirm that all the details are correct and press OK.
- Your will receive an SMS confirmation from M-Pesa immediately. Your MPesa Visa Pre Pay Safari card will be loaded and updated real time
The M-Pesa Visa Pre-pay card allows you to make purchases or transactions the same way you would do with any other Visa card.
The good thing about MPesa Prepay Visa card is that your are able to monitor your transactions online through the portal www.imbank.com
Another advantage is that you can activate and deactivate your card anytime thus minimizing the risk of online fraudsters using your card to make purchases online.